Friday 9 May 2014

Essential Skills: Super Phonics Star Tracking Google Form

We've been fortunate to have access to the superb literacy program known as Essential Skills. Our lower grades have been introduced to basic computer competency skills earlier in the year (norms for our school's laptops) and are now ready to begin playing the first game of Essential Skills called Super Phonics. Students receive stars to track their progress along the game and it is extensive but difficult to track if students are in the right place or if they've moved beyond their reading level by mistake (or on purpose!). So I developed this form which I will begin using next Library class to track students' progress. Each time they get a full page of stars they already raise their hand to show me and receive a congratulatory high-five, now I will bring a device along to update their form as well.  It's the first time I've used forms, so hopefully it works smoothly. I've embedded the form but can't seem to get it to be live, so here's a link if you'd like to have a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment